Things I Love Thursday – Surprise Birthday Trips to San Francisco
Bright and early yesterday morning we were on our way to the airport, since JC gave me an incredible birthday surprise – a trip to the sunny southern part of the USA. It was my birthday yesterday, and despite spending 5 hours of it on an airplane, it was amazing.
We had dinner at Millennium, with a 5 course tasting menu, wine pairing, and finally, a custom made cake for the occasion. By far the best and most absurdly wonderful birthday surprise I could have ever imagined. I’ve been to Millennium before, so I had some idea of what to expect, but I’ll have to write up a full review eventually. Overall it was a great experience, and the food was wonderful (though I will say the hostess was the worst.)
Considering Toronto was blanketed by an inconvenient layer of snow yesterday, I’m glad we’re in the slightly (okay, a lot) warmer sunny beautiful San Francisco, replenishing our Vitamin D stores, and walking more outside than we’ve walked in a long time.
This morning we had breakfast at St. Francis Fountain. But the best part was that we walked there, in the sun, and had the opportunity to see the amazing street art and murals that San Francisco has to offer. It’s a combination of the work of municipally sanctioned wall reclamation projects and talented graffiti artists claiming walls for their craft.
- I like that I have an indulgent partner that will wander down side streets and alleyways with me because I thought I saw some cool flash of art or colour and wanted to check it out.
- I like that the hotel we’re staying at has soy milk with their complimentary coffee/tea bar this morning.
- I like that I’m spending my birthday week with the person I love.
- I Love that people have been donating to Street Cat Rescue and Cedar Row Farm Sanctuary in honor of my
- We went to Souley Vegan tonight, and it was also amazing. – My feelings about the place haven’t changed since 2010. I’ll have to write it up soon too. Delicious. Serving staff has changed quite a bit, but the blend of hipster, family, tourists, and local clientele is still going strong.
- I’m working on resolutions for the next 1001 days. have you heard of the 101 in 1001 days project?
Hope everyone has had a wonderful December!
What a fabulous celebration dinner! Happy birthday!
Thank’s JL! It was lovely!