The lovely Sarina from Earthgiven nominated me for a Sunshine award last week, and it happens to be Things I love Thursday day so it seemed perfect to combine the two posts together.
I’ve already written a little blogger love note to Sarina after she sent me a bunch of treats for Vegan Food Swap back in August. Everything I said still stands, I still really love her blog, and her seemly endless positive outlook on life.
Rules: If you are nominated you must include the link in a blog, linking to the person/blog that nominated you. You must answer some questions and nominate 10 fellow bloggers and link their blogs in your post. Let the people you have nominated know that you have nominated them!
1. Who is your favorite philosopher OR your favourite activist?
I really like the work that Connect the Dots, Food Empowerment Project, and the Vegan Police are doing. I think their focus on connecting human, animal, worker, class, poverty, health, race, gender, and politics together is important to me and others.
2. What is your favorite number OR your favourite cookbook? Vegan Soul Kitchen by Bryant Terry is easily my favourite cookbook. It’s also one of the ones that I had a paper copy of… and then it mysteriously disappeared! Thank goodness for Kobo’s and e-books.
3. What is your favorite animal? Any variety of cat. I’m also especially fond of cows. I also really like JC (what… humans are animals too.)
4. What are your Facebook and Twitter? www.facebook.com/veganinyourcity and www.twitter.com/mdgee
5. What is your favorite time of day OR your favourite recipe? I like pretty much any variety of cornbread recipe. I’m working on one right now, and I think it might be my favourite.
7. What is your favorite physical activity(ies)? weightlifting, walking, and occasionally running.
8. What is your favorite non-alcoholic drink? Freshly squeezed grapefruit juice, Sadie’s Diner makes a great one.
9. What is your favorite flower? African violets.
10. What is your passion? Empowering people with knowledge. Compassionate, mindful living, and trying to make the world a better place.
Now to choose ten bloggers I really love which is hard:
- Andrea’s Easy Vegan cooking
- Beautiful Vegan
- Vegan Culinary Crusade
- In Pursuit of More
- Veggie Nook
- Cupcakes And Kale
- One Small Vegan
- The Vegan Police
- The Vegan RD
- Pythagorean Crank and Vegan Skeptic
- And one more, because it’s in Polish – Wiecej Yofu
Today I love that Emmiecat and the two Foster Kittens we have from Toronto Cat Rescue are now tolerating each other to a whole new level. A couple of days ago, I was sitting at my desk and I looked over and all three of them snuggled up on the couch together.
Sounds like Neelix might be getting adopted next week, and I’m happy for him. Assuming he likes his potential human. I’ve taken to calling him coconut butter cat, or butter cat for short. I don’t know how this nickname came to be other than he reminded me of a very malleable ball of dough. He’s one of those relaxed fellows, very easy going, that you can pick up, and pose and he just purrs happily.
I recently started using instagram. I feel like the last person on earth, and I’m not sure why it took me so long. For food pictures feel free to follow me – I’m Veganinyourcity. please let me regale you with pictures of food (and probably cats.)