It’s October, so that means a few things. Autumn is slowly rolling through the country, thanksgiving will be happening this month (in Canada), Halloween is on it’s way…. and it’s time for Vegan Month of Food (aka Vegan MoFo).
What is Vegan MoFo?
Read all about it on the Vegan Month of Food FAQ
What am I doing for Vegan MoFo?
I don’t really have a theme, but I do have some challenges for myself:
- Read and comment on at least 10 new blogs a day.
- Find recipes via blogs (or zines) and try them out (and talk about them) during the course of Vegan MoFo
- Keep posting about great vegan food everyday.
- Always link to one or more vegan MoFo’ers in every post.
- I would like to do at least one video blog post. Be it demonstration of how to make some of the breads I’ve been working on lately, or just a vegan talk about something going on in Toronto.
Who am I?
I live and work in Toronto, I live with my fiance (JC) and our cat Emmie. I’m technically inclined and a food enthusiast. I’m interested in food from a variety of perspectives, beyond making it, baking it, or eating it. The equal accessibility of good healthy food and food distribution, scarcity issues, acknowledgement of the different experiences we’ve had with food, through the lens of ethical veganism, and ultimately, food that is beautiful and delicious.
When I’m not thinking about food, sleeping, or working, I’m playing World of Warcraft, or weightlifting.
Why do I love Vegan MoFo?
I LOVE connecting with people I might not have had the chance to “meet” in the real world, in the online space. It’s a great opportunity to see recipes and different cities in a different light, and learn more about the different vegan bloggers that are all over the world.
here is a picture of a delicious vegan donut from Clever Rabbit in Edmonton: