Just a handy list of vegan and vegan-friendly events including fundraisers, panel discussions, demonstrations, food justice focused conversations, race and food, amongst others. I endeavor to only add events from groups and organizations that I know have reasonable community accountability and offer safe spaces.
Events are primarily in Toronto, but also include events around Ontario, Northwestern New York State, Northern Michigan, and other places that are a short(ish) drive away.
I try and include venue accessibility information with every post. Not all events are accessible, but I will include that information wherever possible.
For local farmers market information please visit The Toronto Farmers Market Network for listings. Several Farmers Markets have specialized vegan vendors, in addition to offering all the beautiful local produce grown right here in Ontario.
- This event has passed.
Urban Acorn & Tori’s Bakeshop – Vegan Dinner with Wine Pairing
July 15, 2014 @ 6:30 PM - 9:30 PM$100
Each wine will be carefully selected to compliment the evening’s decadent dinner prepared by Chef Daniel Holloway of Urban Acorn
- First Course: Black Plum & Cassis Gazpacho, Tarragon Crème Fraiche, Melon & Fennel Slaw.
- Second Course: Potato & Pablano Croquette accompanied by Zucchini Noodles, drizzled with “Alfredo Sauce” and Market Baby Greens.
- Third Course: Blackened Corn Grits served with Vegan Sausage, Collard Greens topped with Crisp Onion Threads and Pepita Mole Sauce.
- Main Course: Roasted Cipolini Onion Pie with Summer Squash Ratatouille, Carrot Mousse and Micro Sprouts.
- Dessert Course: Apricot Tart Tatin with Coconut Ice Cream and Toasted Pistachios.
Tickets are $100 each and include dinner, paired drinks and coffee or tea; additional drinks will be available for purchase.
If you have any questions please contact Marie at firstname.lastname@example.org
Disclaimer: I (usually) have nothing to do with organizing these events. Incorrect information or omissions may occur but I have tried my best to be as accurate as possible. Please check the original event posting for the most up to date information.
This is partially a personal calendar of convenience, but also a calendar of events others might also be interested in. If there are any events that should appear on this (or that I might be interested in) please let me know!
Accessibility notes are added to most events – where I know or can find the information. If you have more accurate information, please let me know!