Just a handy list of vegan and vegan-friendly events including fundraisers, panel discussions, demonstrations, food justice focused conversations, race and food, amongst others. I endeavor to only add events from groups and organizations that I know have reasonable community accountability and offer safe spaces.
Events are primarily in Toronto, but also include events around Ontario, Northwestern New York State, Northern Michigan, and other places that are a short(ish) drive away.
I try and include venue accessibility information with every post. Not all events are accessible, but I will include that information wherever possible.
For local farmers market information please visit The Toronto Farmers Market Network for listings. Several Farmers Markets have specialized vegan vendors, in addition to offering all the beautiful local produce grown right here in Ontario.
- This event has passed.
Gluten Free Garage
November 9, 2014 @ 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM$10
At the Gluten Free Garage, attendees get to:
- Discover local merchants, bakeries and restaurants that cater to their gluten-free needs
- Sample and purchase gluten-free food and related lifestyle products from a variety of vendors
- Enjoy delicious gluten-free food prepared onsite by local chefs
- Get information about celiac disease, gluten intolerance and the gluten-free diet – the Canadian Celiac Association will be on-hand to provide information, resources and support
- Meet with local health experts
- Find out about services that help make living gluten free easier
- Grab a free shopping bag for all their gluten-free goodies
- Take home coupons for future purchases as well as samples of their new favourite products
Sunday November 9, 2014
10 am to 4 pm
Artscape Wychwood Barns (in the Covered Street Barn)
601 Christie Street (just south of St. Clair), Toronto
$10 for adults / free for kids 12 and under
Gluten Free Garage is Toronto’s original pop-up gluten-free marketplace…like a farmers’ market with a gluten-free twist!
Disclaimer: I (usually) have nothing to do with organizing these events. Incorrect information or omissions may occur but I have tried my best to be as accurate as possible. Please check the original event posting for the most up to date information.
This is partially a personal calendar of convenience, but also a calendar of events others might also be interested in. If there are any events that should appear on this (or that I might be interested in) please let me know!
Accessibility notes are added to most events – where I know or can find the information. If you have more accurate information, please let me know!