Last month I received a delicious package of dehydrated delights (and two cat toys for Emmie) from Ida at Yummy Vegan Dinners. It arrived in a large box, with a cute letter attached to the outside.
I started with the two different types of Kale chips. One was this cheesy spicy amazingfest, and one was a sweeter, equally delicious seasameish kale chip.
Exhibiting more self restraint than I usually show, I snacked on these awesome dehydrated treats for a good week or two (sometimes even sharing with JC.)
Ida also thoughtfully included a pair of cute little mice for Emmiecat. They’ve now become her favourite mice toys to carry around the house (and she has a lot of different cat toys…)
So how appropriate is this sticker included in this package (I both love cats, and cake):
So, I’m sorry this post is so late (I really should have posted it closer to the end of last month) , and I really appreciated the package!
If you are wondering how to participate in the Vegan Swap– have no fear, information is here.
How It Works:
1. Sign up by completing the form at the bottom of this page. This swap is for Canadian Residents only, solely to limit the amount of customs issues you might experience with cross boarder shipping. It might be fun to do an international swap in the future, stay tuned.
2. On/around the 7th of the month, you’ll receive an e-mail from me containing the name and e-mail address of your Vegan Food Swap match. You’ll need to contact them to get their mailing address and any food specifics (allergies, gluten-free, etc.)
3. Collect items that you’ve purchased or made and box them up. Let’s keep the spending limit under $15 Canadian. This does not include shipping. Look into flat rate shipping options or let me know if you want someone closer to your area and I will try to accommodate.
4. Please include a written or typed note in your package.
5. By the 15th of the month, ship your package to your Vegan Food Swap match.
6. Please let your partner know you received the package.
7. Around the end of the month, post an entry on your blog about what you received, and be sure to include a shout-out (or a link back) to the person who sent you the box!
8. This is a vegan food swap. Please read labels, please be considerate – do not send milk, meat, eggs, honey, wool, silk, leather, or other animal ingredients to your swap buddy. There are lots of other food swaps out there, this is meant as a vegan scavenger hunt. Find cool vegan things and share them with someone else (and all of us!)
9. Get creative. Cliff bars, fruit bars, and the like are cool and all, but no matter where you live there are lots of accidentally vegan, homemade, and other interesting local things you can send to your partner. Let me know if you need ideas.
I’ll assume you want to participate every month. If you wish to opt-out for a month, or stop participating entirely, just send me an email I’m adaptable.
Each participant is responsible for actually participating, unless you’ve opted out. If you fail to receive a box, please don’t be mad, but please let me know and email your partner.