For the last few years I’ve been trying to put together a vegan-friendly gift guide, with a focus on local items and charities. Usually, I put out one post, with everything on it, but we’ve gotten so full of options, I’m just going to start with all the Vegan Holiday Menu’s I’ve found so far. Tomorrow I’ll post more gifty items and suggestions found and made around the city, I’ll also link to a variety of other general vegan gift guides from this year.
Much like last year, and the year before that, and the year before that, we’re leaving the city for a little while over the holidays and to celebrate my birthday, but some of these locally made menus totally have me salivating and wishing I could get them earlier!
Several vegan bakeries and restaurants are offering special holiday menus this month – most are focused on Christmas, since pick up tends to be well after Hanukkah is over.
All of this is subject to change, and for up to date information, please contact the restaurant/bakery/store directly.
In alphabetical order:
Apiecalypse Now! Pizza and Snack Bar
You can pick up an order form in store, or print out the above form and bring it in or email them. Or call them. (email@example.com
They’ve got Holiday Pies:
- Apple Pie with a Shortbread Top
- Organic Pumpkin Pie
- Mixed Berry pie with sugar pastry top
- award winning magic squares
- gluten free fudgy brownies
- Pulled turkey (made with soy & wheat)
- Roast Potatoes
- Jar of vegan gravy
- vegan stuffing
- vegan magic bacon grease roasted red pepper dip
- vegan coleslaw
- Shortbread (available in half dozen or full dozen)
- Shortbread with Pistachio
- Shortbread with candy cane & chocolate
- Shortbread with espresso & hazelnut
- Shortbread mixed box
- Cookie Sandwiches – (available in half dozen or full dozen)
- Chocolate peppermint cookie sandwiches
- Chocolate dunkaroo cookie sandwiches
- rainbow dunkaroo cookie sandwiches
- Candy apples
- white candy cane candy apple
- cinnamon heart red candy apple
- hard toffee candy apple
- Vegan Chocolate Fudge
All orders need to be received and confirmed by December 20th. Order pickup is on December 23rd or 24th.
Orders are accepted from now until the 20th and pick-ups are December 22nd-24th. (find the post on facebook)
Call Bunners to place your order!
Veggie Pot Pies – soy-free | 8” | $28
organic butternut squash, corn, peas, carrots, and mushrooms in a savoury, thyme seasoned gravy, wrapped in a flaky, buttery crust.
Shepherds Pie – soy-free | personal & family sized | $7.50 & $18
sprouted mixed lentils in a seriously savoury gravy, organic corn, peas, and carrots and topped with our delicious buttery mashed potatoes
Holiday Bowl – contains soy | personal & family sized | $7.50 & $18
your one-stop shop for holiday goodness, a whole Thanksgiving meal in a bowl! Buttery mashed potatoes, layered with savoury faux turkey, our housemade cranberry sauce, and topped with our famously delicious stuffing.
Stuffing – contains soy | 6×9” deep dish pan | $15
our irresistable, show-stopping stuffing! Our fresh-made gluten free plain bread with the perfect buttery seasoning.
Chocolate Cream Pie- contains soy | 9” pie | $25
our silky smooth chocolate cream pie filling is poured into a chocolate cookie shell before being topped with our coconut whipped cream and chocolate chips.
Apple Crumble – soy-free | personal & family sized | $7.50 & $18
a classic fave! Loads of fresh apples baked into cinnamon-y perfection, topped with our buttery oatmeal crumble. Great for dinner with vanilla icecream, or for breakfast…with vanilla icecream.
4-Pack of Buns – soy-free | 4 big buns + frosting on the side | $20
4 big cinnamon bun baked into a reheatable container, ready for you to warm up in the oven on Christmas morning! Our vanilla buttercream frosting comes on the side so you can frost them yourself when they’re hot out of the oven!
Hungry Vegan Catering
DELIVERY: Delivery to Chatham through to Toronto for Wednesday December 23 . Order closes Sunday Dec 20th.
Available for pickup and delivery Dec 23rd.
Hungry Vegan Catering Delivers from Chatham-Kent to Toronto.
To place an order: Phone or email them: 519 – 355 – 0909 / firstname.lastname@example.org. See the menu on their website
- Vegan Phyllo Mushroom Rolls (12 for $30) (not Gluten Free)
These are 3 inch rolls of Golden Phyllo filled with Creamy Cashew Cheese, Roasted Wild Mushrooms, Onion, Pecan, Thyme and sage. Served with a side of Wild Mushroom and Fried Sage Gravy.
- Gravy and Smashed Crispy Baby Potatoes ($18) (GF)
A tray of Garlic and Rosemary Roasted Crispy Smashed Potatoes that is enough for 8-10 side servings and an 8 oz Housemade wild mushroom gravy. Up your gravy to a 16 oz container for $3 more.
- Vegan Zucchini Lasagna (Serves 12 for $40) (GF)
Seared Zucchini in place of the noodles in this lasagna with roasted wild mushrooms, spinach and onion with a housemade Cashew Basil Ricotta Cheese. House made rich tomato sauce and topped with our Hemp Heart “parm” Crumble.
- Creamy Crunchy Green Bean Casserole (2lb tray $8, 13×11 tray $22) (GF)
Cashew Nacho Cheese makes this dish creamy. Topped with a crunchy cheesey crust.
- Hungry Vegan Veggie Packed Caesar Salad w Smoked Mushrooms (Serves 12-14 for $30) (GF)
Romaine Lettuce, Kale, Bell Peppers, Cucumber, Cherry Tomato, Red Cabbage, Smoky Roasted Mushrooms, Tamari Sunflower Seeds, Hemp Hearts, Housemade Caesar Dressing.
- Hungry Vegan Potato Salad w Crisp Green Beans (16oz $6.50 or 2 for $10) (GF)
Creamy, Rich Housemade Mayo, Crisp Green Beans, Scallion and Celery all mixed with Fresh Baby Potatoes.
- 1L Butternut Squash and Sage Soup ($12) (GF)
Butternut Squash, Carrot, Apple, Onion, Fried Sage, S&P (Freezes Well)
- 1L Wild Mushroom Stew ($12) (GF)
Mixed Wild Mushrooms, Brown Rice, Potato, Peas, Carrot, Celery, Onion, Thyme, Oregano, S&P.
- Hummus Tray (16 oz Hummus tray $22) (GF)
Choose from Spicy Pickle Hummus or Roasted Red Pepper Hummus. Includes: Gluten free Crackers, Cherry Tomatoes, Cucumber, Pepper, Carrot
- 20pc Holiday Dessert Trays ($30)
This tray includes: Lemon Blueberry Cheesecake Squares, Date Squares, Pecan Pie Truffles, Peanut Butter Truffles, Mini Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Sandwiches and Carrot Cake Squares.
Place your order today to reserve an organic, vegan, super nourishing Holiday Dinner by emailing us at email@example.com or calling the Public Kitchen at 647-341-1736.
Wednesday December 23rd: 11-7pm
Thursday December 24th: 10am-5pm
Two Options from Public Kitchen
Choice of Caramelized Onion and Squash Lentil Loaf (GF)
Herbed Red Wine Dijon Seitan Roulade stuffed with Roasted Mushroom and Garlic Spinach Duxelle
- Wild Rice, Roasted Apple and Sage Stuffing
- Caramelized Winter Vegetables
- Creamy Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- Roasted Portobello Farmer’s Gravy
- Cranberry Sauce
Complete dinner $65 (serves 2-3 people)
Complete dinner $120 (serves 3-5 people)
- Butternut Squash, Roasted Apple and Sage Soup $13 (serves 2-3 people)
- Assorted Dip and Spread Platter with marinated olives and crackers for $50 (serves 3-5 people)
- Assorted Dessert Platter to include chocolate peanut butter fudge, chocolate super food clusters, goji berry sesame halva $50 (serves 3-5 people)
- Baked Apple Crumble with rolled oat cinnamon and coconut sugar crust, small $20, large $35 (sm serves 2-3, lg serves 3-5 people)
Through Being Cool Vegan Bakery
Orders must be placed in store with a 50% deposit by end of day December 20th.
Available for Pick up on either December 23rd from 3-7pm, or December 24th from 10-2pm
- Pecan Pie – pecan pie filling in a flaky pastry crust
- Apple Crisp – local organic apple pie with crumble top
- Black Forest Cake – rich chocolate cake with a sour cherry filling and fluffy vanilla buttercream
- Cookie Pack – half dozen of each: chocolate chip, rocky road, ginger molasses, and shortbread
- Creamed Kale – creamy kale
- Pot pie – flaky pastry filled with veggies and your choice of tvp or chickpea filling
- Lentil loaf – lentils, oats, and spices topped with homemade bbq sauce.
- Bread stuffing – moist and crispy all at once
- Dinner Rolls – fluffy pull-a-part rolls with rosemary and olive oil
- Stuffed Seitan en Croute – savoury bread stuffing wrapped in homemade seitan then all covered in flaky pastry
- Veggie Gravy – rich veggie gravy perfect to smother pot pie, lentil loaf or seitan en croute
- Cranberry Sauce – homemade cranberry sauce
- Scalloped Potatoes – thinly sliced potatoes and onions in a creamy sauce
Orders must be in by end of day December 24th and can be picked up on December 31st between 2-5pm
- Salted Caramel Cake
- Chocolate Hazelnut Cake
- Seitan in a Blanket
- Potato and Cheddar Bites
- Spinach & Tofu Ricotta Puffs.
- Garlic Bread Strips
- Dips (ranch, buffalo, tomato)
- Bread stuffing
- Dinner Rolls
- Stuffed Seitan en Croute
- Veggie Gravy
- Cranberry sauce
TBC Vegan has also partnered up with LadyShip Vegan on a vegan cheese platter: “Herb coated chevre log, cashew sharp cheddar ball coated in toasted pecans, a wedge of muenster, a wedge of havarti dill, sweet onion jam, fruit jelly, pickled green beans and crispy crostini”
Tori’s Bakeshop has Cheese wheels and slabs, sweet and savoury pies, holiday cakes, gingerbread house and gingerbread people kits.
Available for pickup or delivery: Wednesday December 23d
Available for pickup only: Thursday December 24th before noon.
Season’s Dinner for Two – $35.95 (plus tax and delivery if applicable)
- Gardein Stuffed Turk’y
- Lemon Lentil Soup
- Pecan Cranberry Rice
- Cranberry Ginger Chutney & caesar dressing
- Peppermint Double Chocolate brownie
Season’s Dinner for Four – $59.95 (plus tax & delivery if applicable)
- Gardein Celebration Roast
- Lemon Lentil Soup
- Pecan Cranberry Rice
- Cranberry Ginger Chutney & Caesar dressing
- Peppermint Double Chocolate brownie
To order call YamChops: 416-645-0117 or email at TalkToUs@YamChops.com
V Word Market
Ontario Vegan Cheese Holiday Box, available while supplies last until December 20.
What’s in the V Word Market Put it on a Cheese Board pack?
- 3 wedges from London’s Nuts for Cheese
- Toronto’s own Wood and Water – Sharp and Smoky or a special holiday edition.
- One of Zengarry’s lovely Vegan Cheese Spreads
- Kelp Caviar – Sturgeon Flavour.
- Crofters Organic – Morello Cherry Premium Spread
- Edward and Sons – Purple Exotic Rice Toast
- Mary’s Organic – Organic Super Seed Crackers
- Sophie’s Kitchen – Vegan Smoked Salmon
- Black Sliced Olives
This box features several of Ontario’s talented food artisans, is gluten free and put together thoughtfully with love (by me). It also makes for a great gift! You can order it here
Cosmic Treats is doing a prix-fixe New Year’s Eve menu. Two seatings 6pm and 8pm. Reservations are required.
$30 for an appetizer, main dish, and dessert. with Gluten-Free options. Alcohol options also available but is extra. Menu details haven’t been released yet, but considering their delicious brunch and other treats, I feel good about recommending this as a fun option for New Year’s Eve dinner.
To make a reservation call at 647-352-2207 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Vegan Flea Holiday Market
The Vegan Flea is happening on Thursday, December 17th, 6-9pm at D-Beatstro (
Showcasing an eclectic mix of vegan creators and vegan products to advocate awareness of vegans and vegan companies, animal outreach and charitable organizations. Lastly, Toronto Vegan Flea is helping to raise funds and awareness for different animal charities.
A suggested donation of $5 at the door includes a raffle ticket for gifts donated by the vendors. All proceeds will be going to StoryBook Primate Sanctuary!
Tomorrow I’ll post more gifty items and suggestions found and made around the city, I’ll also link to a variety of other general vegan gift guides from this year, and my only hope is that you find this helpful!