We are in the beautiful North Bruce Peninsula this week for a little break after the excitement, stress, and fun of planning, then having our wedding last weekend. I’d like to post a more detailed update about the wedding soon, but for now – I (and JC) had a lovely time. I went in thinking whatever will happen will happen, and no matter what I would be leaving married to an amazing partner, lover, and friend, and that’s what it was all about.
Everything else was just icing on a tasty vegan wedding cake.
- I loved seeing friends and family I hadn’t seen in a while and meeting new people and some of my new family for the first time. Unfortunately it was a tough year for some of my family/friends and several pairs couldn’t make it due to illness, but they were in my thoughts.
I’m still left with this lingering wish I had invited more people that were important to me – but didn’t invite because I thought they wouldn’t/couldn’t come, or it wouldn’t work out some how. Because there were some invites I sent out, with no expectation of attendance, where I was pleasantly surprised.
- I also wish RSVPs and Invitations didn’t get lost. We mailed out about 70-80 envelopes, and it turns out some still haven’t arrived. This doesn’t completely shake my love of the postal system, but I do wonder if my terrible printing had something to do with cards never arriving. I’ll try and keep that in mind for the thank you cards.
- Speaking of thank you cards… I love the excuse to buy a bunch of stamps and mail cards out to friends and family again.
- I loved that we had invited some wedding crashers. It seemed a bit weird to post an invite online, but it also seemed awfully fitting for JC and I as a couple (and not just to us).
- I love being close to the water, in the North Bruce Peninsula, surrounded by the beautiful colours of autumn, while still having wireless internet.
- I love that I’ve given Magic The Gathering another shot. JC and I played again last night while it was pouring rain, and I’m pretty sure he let me win a couple of times. The game is actually pretty fun and interesting once you learn the fundamentals, I’m still kind of confused, and don’t understand some aspects of the game, but considering JC’s played this game since it came out (… as in… 20 years), I don’t feel that terrible when I do lose against him.
- Speaking of nerdy honeymoon activities… I also signed up to be part of this month’s International Geek Girl Pen Pal Club. I’ve tried to sign up in the past, but always signed up a little too late. I made it this time! I love that such a thing exists!
- Our Wedding Photographers. We had really fantastic photographers – I don’t actually know how great the photos are yet – but they made us feel totally at ease, and as a person that usually hates getting her picture taken, that was a huge positive experience. (I can’t wait to see and share photos!)
Ultimately, I’m thankful that we mostly had the day we dreamed of, and I am looking forward to talking about the things that went really well, and also some of the things that didn’t quite go as planned.
I’m happy JC and I are hiding out in a nice cottage and reading books, playing magic, and still enjoying the great outdoors. I hope you are having a lovely week too.
What do you love this week?