Once upon a time there was a Canadian Vegan Food swap, and it was fun to do a nationwide thing and trade with people that were complete strangers in other provinces and cities.
BUT a friend (Sarina over at Earthgiven Kitchen) recently did a local food swap with a meetup group in Kitchener-Waterloo, and I thought it might be fun to try that as a little experiment here too.
So. If you’re interested, send me an email with the following information:
I will partner you up with someone randomly, and we will meet up on June 4th between 6:30pm and 7:30pm at Bloomers, in Toronto to do the exchange OR you and your partner can pick a time that’s more convenient for you.
Here’s how it works:
1) If you want to participate, send me an email with your information ASAP – No later than May 15th.
2) You don’t have to be vegan to participate, just interested in veganism, trying new foods and meeting a new friend! But the contents of your swap box/bag/etc must be vegan.
3) I will email each of your your swap partner’s information by May 21.
4) You have a few weeks to put together a gift box of vegan fun items. I suggest we keep the gift limit to $20.
5) You’re not limited to food – other ideas are teas, soaps, homemade gifts, etc.
6) Send me pictures, post pictures on instagram with the tag #veganfoodswapTO
Let’s plan to meet up at Bloomers on Thursday June 4th, 2015
What do you think?