Just a handy list of vegan and vegan-friendly events including fundraisers, panel discussions, demonstrations, food justice focused conversations, race and food, amongst others. I endeavor to only add events from groups and organizations that I know have reasonable community accountability and offer safe spaces.
Events are primarily in Toronto, but also include events around Ontario, Northwestern New York State, Northern Michigan, and other places that are a short(ish) drive away.
I try and include venue accessibility information with every post. Not all events are accessible, but I will include that information wherever possible.
For local farmers market information please visit The Toronto Farmers Market Network for listings. Several Farmers Markets have specialized vegan vendors, in addition to offering all the beautiful local produce grown right here in Ontario.
- This event has passed.
“Lucky Charms Series” Drop-in Dinner – Cabbage (not 100% vegan)
March 20, 2014 @ 6:00 PM - 9:00 PM
Chef Daniel Holloway will be moonlighting every Thursday in March at The Depanneur Every week he will be featuring one of his favourite ingredients to work with. This week’s ingredient is cabbage!
Menu: $20 Combo or a la Cart
There are also non-vegan options being served.
- Starter (Vegan) $5: Shaved Fennel and Shredded Cabbage Salad with Roasted Cashew tossed in a Lemon Poppyseed Vinaigrette
- Main Course (Vegan) $12: Spicy Roasted Red Pepper Bolognese tossed with Hand made Rigatoni, and Pikliz garnish
- Dessert (Vegan) $5: Chardonnay Poached Bartlett Pear served with Whipped Lemon Curd and Caramel Sauce
Drop-In Dinners are priced around $5-$20, tax included. Dinners start at 6pm, and are first-come, first served until we sell out, or until around 8:30. No reservations are needed or taken – just “drop in”. Seating is at one of the two big tables or at the window counters. Dinners can also be ordered to-go, and you’re welcome to bring your own containers if you like. Kid friendly venue.
Some notes on accessibility of venue:
- Front doors are not automatic. There are no steps to get in.
- One gender neutral restroom – is not wheelchair accessible but is on the main floor. One step to get in.
- Venue is kid friendly, has a little activity table, has a changing station in the bathroom, and a breastfeeding friendly sticker in the window.
Disclaimer: I (usually) have nothing to do with organizing these events. Incorrect information or omissions may occur but I have tried my best to be as accurate as possible. Please check the original event posting for the most up to date information.
This is partially a personal calendar of convenience, but also a calendar of events others might also be interested in. If there are any events that should appear on this (or that I might be interested in) please let me know!
Accessibility notes are added to most events – where I know or can find the information. If you have more accurate information, please let me know!